Wednesday 26 February 2014

Catchup continued - hat edition

Since I stopped blogging, I made a couple of hats.

One of them came about because I had a business trip to Russia at the end of November, and I knew it was going to be cold. The cold in Russia is pretty legendary, and while I was lucky with the weather, I was also very glad that I had knitted myself a hat to wear.

I actually realised I needed a hat only about a fortnight before I left, so I wanted something from stash to knit with, and a nice quick pattern.
I chose Knit Night Hat by Judy Marples and it is a fantastic pattern. Quick, easy, really well written, and the finished object is just lovely. From my stash I pulled out a lovely skein of Araucania Puelo. In the UK this yarn is 100% llama, but from what I understand in the USA it is 100% alpaca. It's a DK weight.


The hat turned out perfectly. The llama yarn is amazingly soft and snuggly warm. My only regret is that the picture of the FO is somewhat dark. I must get organised and take a better one.


The other hat I knit recently was in a panic just before Christmas when I realised that the Super Secret Christmas Socks were not going to be finished on time, and I wanted there to be something knitted for Ben under the tree.
So I knit a Capuchine (pattern by Adela Illichmanova)... which still wasn't finished for opening presents at Christmas. I managed to finish it during Christmas day, though, so all was not lost.
Yarn was mostly Freedom Spirit Chunky from stash, until I ran out. Then it was odds and ends from stash all held together.

The pom poms and tassles were fun to do - I haven't made a pom pom since my days in the girl guides! The hat was very well received.

More catch up tomorrow - I will probably end up posting less when I am all caught up, but right now it is really nice to get back into blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Am very much enjoying all the blogging you are doing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to try to remember to be better at commenting on blogs when I enjoy them, but I'm not sure how to do that in my RSS app :S

      Delete