Tuesday 25 February 2014

Wedding Knitting

It seems that the date for the wedding is getting closer and closer (time passing as it is wont to do, I suppose).

My current plan is to knit a shawl for me, and some matching socks for Ben. By matching, I mean in the same colourway from the same dyer, not similar patterns.

The yarn I chose for the shawl was Fyberspates Gleem Lace in Deep Aqua.

Colour isn't terribly accurate here
It is the most lovely yarn. One thing I will say about it is that when I knit with it, it turns my hands utterly blue. However from some comments from the dyer, I think it should be okay if I leave it soaking overnight in vinegar before blocking.

The pattern is Sheherazade Beaded Lace Shawl by Anna Victoria. I've chosen to go with 6 repeats of the body pattern. This means that the edging rows are super long, and somewhat tedious.
Edging rows, I hear you cry?
Why, yes, the end is in sight. I'm about 14 rows from finishing it, and only two of those are beaded, so I am truly hoping to get it finished in the next couple of weeks. With a good headwind (read, lots of time spent at home) I may have it done in as little as a week.
Colour much more accurate here

The yarn for the wedding socks has been ordered. I'm going for Fyberspates Vivacious 4ply also in deep aqua. We are still negotiating the pattern - we both really like Firestarter by Yarnissima, but from the notes the pattern is a bit of a pain in the arse, so the hunt continues.

Travel knitting is still my Earl Grey socks, and I honestly can't believe how fast they are going. Maybe socks don't take forever if they aren't all in 2x2 rib?

No comments:

Post a Comment