Thursday 27 February 2014

On Shawls

Reading back through past entries, I have some shawls to update you on.

I finished my Orchid Thief some months ago, and finally got round to blocking it this weekend. What can I say? I am not good at motivating myself to do blocking. I think I feel like I'm not very good at it.


It was an enjoyable pattern, though I knitted from the book Brave New Knits rather than the PDF, and there are some issues with clarity. I managed okay, though, and I am very fond of the final product.

I also finished the sample I was knitting for Jon at www.easyknits.co.uk, and sent that off.


I have rather a lot of Jon's yarn in my stash, and so I decided to knit a Wingspan. Not a huge amount to say about this pattern that hasn't been said a million times on the internet already. It's a great pattern, shows hand dyed yarns off beautifully and is easy to knit.


I need to stop taking FO pics over the back of my armchair. They are not good pictures.
This project has already gone to it's new owner.

Finally, I plod along with my Southern Skies. I desperately love this shawl, and it's not far away from having to decide what edging to use. Right now, however its rather a big bunch of beaded blue yarn with many, many stitch markers.


After the wedding shawl is done, I am planning on putting some serious time into this and getting it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment